Your success depends to a great degree on 10% of what happens to you and 90% on how you react to what happened. You can’t control the job market, you can’t control hiring authorities, you can’t control the economy, but you have 100% control over how you choose to react. It’s important to realize that often the best reaction is NOT to react!
The following percentages represent why job seekers fail:
- 30% Poor interviewing skills
- 30% Negative attitude and negative expectations
- 10% Not enough velocity behind the job search
- 10% Not consistently utilizing new resources
- 10% Weak networking efforts
- 10% Poor follow up
Most job seekers could succeed more if they just changed the way they think. This is a dedicated discipline that must be practiced daily.
- Ignore people who tell you “you can’t” and develop the attitude “watch me!”
- Ignore negative news – concentrate on something to enhance your career and job search
- Don’t allow yourself the luxury of staying in a bad mood more than five minutes
- When problems occur (and they will) immediately turn your focus to possible solutions
Don’t dwell on what you have experienced in your job search to date. You can’t change what has happened in the past, you can’t change what you’ve done so far today, but you CAN change what you do from this moment forward. You must remain PROACTIVE and make things happen in your job search vs. REACTIVELY waiting for opportunities to knock on your door. Call Employment Solutions today at (877) 880-4473 for more information on how to succeed in the job search!